MWAVE 2 modem started working again.

You may recall that I had trouble with my MWAVE modem suddenly deciding
to quit working in Windows 3.1.  Troubleshooting such problems are
essentially impossible under Dos/Win.  I tried to reinstall MWAVE2 but
found that it was saying that I didn't have enough disk space to do so,
which was not correct.  Wiping out C:\MWW didn't do the trick on its
own.  But after wiping out all trace of MWAVE for windows, including
removing c:\MWW, all files beginning with "mw" in c:\windows, all lines
with "mw" in win.ini and system.ini, and MWAVE from the startup group,
MWAVE2 did reinstall and the modem restarted under Windows.  The modem
always worked perfectly well under native DOS.  As well, FaxWorks,
which had stopped working after I upgraded to MWAVE 2 several months
ago, started working again.  I don't think I'll even try to understand
any of this.  I just wish the MWAVE modem (which I think is a really swell
piece of work) would work under Linux.

Thanks to several of you out there who tried to help me out.

Regards,
Eugene Fiume.