Re: Mwave audio from unix (linux)

>>I've tried booting DOS and then warm booting Linux using LOADLIN,
>>thinking this would allow DOS to get the Mwave system up and running.
>>However, I didn't have any luck.  I don't know if this is a problem with
>>IRQ or similar settings.  I've configured my Linux kernel to support
>>various audio systems, including SoundBlaster, SoundBlaster 16, and
>>SoundBlaster Pro.

This is the right way to do it.

Configure Linux for SoundBlaster (I use SB16), and then run Linux with
LOADLIN. This will allow you to use the sound functions (playback etc) but
there is no way we can figure to use the modem under Linux, I think because
there is no DMA access using Linux and the modem part appears to need to use
one.

Alex