Mwave audio from unix (linux)

Has anyone gotten the Mwave audio to work from Unix, and Linux in
particular?  I have a 760C, and I'd really like to make use of the
16-bit audio for input and output.

I've tried booting DOS and then warm booting Linux using LOADLIN,
thinking this would allow DOS to get the Mwave system up and running.
However, I didn't have any luck.  I don't know if this is a problem with
IRQ or similar settings.  I've configured my Linux kernel to support
various audio systems, including SoundBlaster, SoundBlaster 16, and
SoundBlaster Pro.

                                Lee Hetherington
                                ilh@lcs.mit.edu