MWave Setup Questions

>1. Does anyone know about the command switches for mwave?  I'm trying to
>understand mwave.bat, and can't tell the difference between "start" and
>"on", or what "reconfig" is for, or what "show" and "noshow" do in parameter
>2 place.  Similarly, what do I need to diddle in mwgames.bat?

Parameters for MWGAMES:

Usage: "MWGAMES ON"                  loads emulation code
            "MWGAMES ON PRO"          loads SB-Pro I emulation code
            "MWGAMES ON PROQ"       loads SB-Pro I emulation code w/QSound
            "MWGAMES ON PRO+"        loads SB-Pro I emulation code w/Effects
            "MWGAMES ON MIN"           loads emulation code w/o record
            "MWGAMES ON CD"             loads emulation code w/line-in to CD-DAC
            "MWGAMES ON SAMPLES"  loads SB-Pro I emulation code with sampled s
            "MWGAMES OFF"                  unloads emulation code

Parameters for MWAVE: (from reading the batch file)

on
- loads mwdos or mwaudio depending on the configuration set my user in mwcfg
(the reasons it runs mwcfg is because the error codes produced when mwcfg
closes tell the batch script what bits of mwave are needed to be loaded.)

show
- shows the current configurations when mwcfg is run

noshow
- doesn't show the configurations

(same as
\mwd\manager\mwcfg <time in seconds to display> </s for show, /n for no>)

start
- copies over the backup configuration file from \mwave_c to the current
config file.

reconfig
- turns off mwaudio, and then restarts it with the new config file. (Allows
mwave audio to be restarted with the new modified configuration file without
rebooting).

Additional:

Back up your config.sys and autoexec.bat files and start stripping things
out. Its the best way to learn what you can/can't do.

If you can't/won't hack it about then just run \mwd\manager\makeboot.bat and
this will create a boot disk for you in a 'ready to roll' format for games.
i.e. Lots of memory and all the mwave stuff you need.

Happy playing

Alex