Re: Power supplies...

>We have several different models of Thinkpads where I work (700, 720, 750,
>360CSE, 755CX, 760C).  I have set up a little station where I can put a
>machine down, plug it in, and work on it for a while while it charges.  Now
>I hear that if the power supply for the specific unit is NOT used (ie a 755
>power supply on a 750), then there could be power problems.  He was saying
>that the batteries might not charge or discharge correctly.  Has anyone
>heard of this before?  Does anyone have any specifics on this condition?

I have tried several combinations, they all seem to work. BUT: AC adapters
do fail so that  then they can run the TP, but not charge at the same time
(not enough current ?)

Thor Řivind Jensen
Dep of Administration and Organization Theory
Univ of Bergen
phone +47 55 21 21 53 fax +47 55 32 12 89
 mob: +47  946 246 90