Re: Did anyone else get this Junk E-mail?

At 12:35 PM 2/11/96, Keith Moore wrote:
>> yes, we all got it, it went out on the list. Did anyone analyze the
>> headers to determine who sent it. A complaint to the appropriate
>> postmaster would be in order I thnink. I assume the melanie address
>> is bogus?
>
>Yes, I looked at the headers.  The people who sent this spam out
>were careful not to leave any real addresses in the headers.

        I just got a response after sending this thing off to a guy I know
who hunts spammers.

        He says this is the work of one Kevin Lipsitz and apparently its an
age-old magazine spam he has used a number of times before.

        Apparently the guy is a top priority for the spam hunters now...

Randy Whittle    whittle@usc.edu               |       WWW Home Page:     |
USC Graduate School of Business             |           http://              |
 "Did you really think you could call up the | www-scf.usc.edu/~whittle/ |
     Devil and ask him to behave?"          -----------------------------------
       -Fox Mulder on T.V.'s "X-Files" speaking to an occult practitioner
Southern Cal--Rose Bowl Champions, 1996!!
     (Crushing Cinderella's Glass Slipper!)