Re: Windows95 and PCMCIA on TP750

At 08:31 96/02/01 CST, Kevan P. Riley wrote:
>  Hmmm, I have a TP 701C and I already had Win 95 installed.
> When I pushed in the Bus Toaster Win 95 poped up a box
>asking me for disk 5 so i put in disk five (Win 95 Disk 5),
>and rebooted.  After reboot it say my zipdrive no problem.
>  Should I assume these are the 16 bit drivers?  Should I
>change?

As your system has never known about Win 3.1, I guess that you are using
32-bit drivers (Sparrow.mpd or SparrowX.mpd).  You can verify it in the
device manager.  If it works, I would advice you to keep things unchanged.
The new driver mainly adds tuning parameters, like disconnect/reselect,
synchronous/asynchronous transfert, number of LUNs, etc.

Excerpt from the Readme file:

4.  Advantages over SPARROW(X).MPD

This driver is designed specifically for your Bus Toaster.  It will work
with any version of the card.  This version will also work for the Toast
'n Jam card and the NOTEWORTHY Bus Toaster.  It also contains the
following enhancements:

        - Smart termination to conserve your laptop's battery power.

        - Easy configuration of SCSI driver parameters in Device Manager
          via the Options property page.

        - Better support for hot-ejection of the card.

BTW, how do you use the Zip drive ? Guest95 seems to look only for IOmega
SCSI adapters (but it may be a consequence of my other problems, which I
haven't solved yet).

Cheers,

Akira TERAO
National Institute of Bioscience and Human-Technology     ... jeunesse...
Nervous Informatics Laboratory                     ... la ...
1-1 Higashi, Tsukuba                   ... forment ...     Tel: +81-298-54.6630
Ibaraki 305                ... voyages ...                 Fax: +81-298-54.6633
Japan              ... Les ...                          eMail: Terao@NIBH.go.jp