Re: MWave 2.0 with 95 install question

At 23:50 09/01/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Now, the
>MWave instructions say to install the DOS disks before the Windows disks.
>Do I need to still do this with 95?

Yes. I did, as the MWave for Windows asks for the DOS Stuff. Also if you
ever need to run programs (games) that have to unload Win95 before running
then you will need the MWD stuff to have any access to sound/modem etc.

> Should I install it into 95, or into a
>MS-DOS session that I rebooted into from the "Shutdown" item?

I don't think this will really matter that much as the install only creates
the MWD directory and modifies your Config.sys and Autoexec.bat files. If
the worst comes to the worst and the install fails, its really easy to
manually install all the relevant data into the above files.

If your at all worried then go for the safe option and install from a
Command Prompt Only boot.

> Or, can I
>just install the two Windows MWave disks and forget the DOS disks?

I think you kind of answered your own question on this one. To be honest, if
you can, then there's no real need as MWD is pretty small and provides extra
features that you just might need one day.

Alex