Re: 755ce and WIN95

If my memory works.., I think the way to fix this is to install the Thinkpad
Setup windows programs (available off the original HD, or from IBM ftp), and
check the initialisation of the COM ports. I remember that Windows 95 had
major problems with running out of IRQ's on my 755CD as every thing loaded
was fighting for one.

If you use this to disable the offending COM port, and INFARED ports, you'll
find that Win95 should stop detecting things that aren't really there. I
remember turning them off in BIOS config didn't work...

I think to use the MWave stuff I simply installed the original Windows
Drivers from IBM (7 disk set). This worked for me with sound, although I
don't use the internal modem.

Hope this helps.

Alex