Re: OS/2 + portable CD

At 01:42 PM 12/21/95 -0500, Alex Judd wrote:
>Just to let you know that there is a way to install OS-2 using the internal
>CD-ROM on a TP755CD. Takes a bit of playing around, but I manged it OK. It's
>a bit of a cop-out as it involves transfering lost of the CD to HD before
>install, but does work. Will forward the doc I have on how to do it next mail.

I'm not sure about the TP755CD CDROM, but even installing from the CD, one
first boots OS/2 from two diskettes. By first copying these diskettes, then
making the changes to them to use the drivers that come with the CD (the
OS/2 installation diskettes don't seem to support _that_ many CDROM drives),
you can then install OS/2 from the CDROM easily.

>The TCP/IP OS-2 stuff is provided on disk, and does work correctly. The
>files to look at are \IBMCOM\PROTOCOL.INI and the \IBMCOM\MACS dircectory.
>If you have a specific driver for your network card, it will be placed in
>the MACS directory, and then PROTOCOL.INI should be modified to match. Best
>way to do this is re-run TCP/IP LAPS once you have it copied to the relevant
>directory.

Warp Connect comes with MPTN (something like Multi-Protocol Transport N...?)
which is the succesor to LAPS (LAN Adapter Protocol Support). I believe MPTN
may be available separately.

Warp Connect comes with TCP/IP Ver 3, which seems to be primarily Ver 2 with
all the CSD's applied plus MPTN replacing LAPS. I thought I recently saw an
IBM announcement that TCP/IP Ver 3 was available separately - originally it
was only available as part of Warp Connect.

Hope this helps.

Brooks