Re: OS/2 + portable CD

Just to let you know that there is a way to install OS-2 using the internal
CD-ROM on a TP755CD. Takes a bit of playing around, but I manged it OK. It's
a bit of a cop-out as it involves transfering lost of the CD to HD before
install, but does work. Will forward the doc I have on how to do it next mail.

The TCP/IP OS-2 stuff is provided on disk, and does work correctly. The
files to look at are \IBMCOM\PROTOCOL.INI and the \IBMCOM\MACS dircectory.
If you have a specific driver for your network card, it will be placed in
the MACS directory, and then PROTOCOL.INI should be modified to match. Best
way to do this is re-run TCP/IP LAPS once you have it copied to the relevant
directory.

As a point of interest the SMC8000 drivers provided with OS-2 are REALLY
BAD, so use the ones from SMC instead (they work).

If you have problems with your TCP/IP disks, LAPS or NFS disks, let me know,
and I'll see if I can help ;)

Alex