dsp modem from win95

i dont think that win95 sees my dsp modem.  i am also kinda bummed
that there is no winterm equivalent.  it seems the dial-up
networking accessory app is for something entirely different.
when i try to use it, it tells me that it cant find my modem,
and i think it is trying to look for an external modem on com1.

i am using a thinkpad 755cx.  i have a phone line jacked in to the
connector on the side of the thinkpad box.

so, anyone successfully get to the dsp modem from win95 ?

thanks for any help.  i am going to go home and plug my modem
into com1, and see if that works (i expect it should).

doug