Re: Introduction time...

> Present Problems - Hibernation in Win 95 going wrong, Linux not being able
> to recognise the CD on the 755 machine, and therefore refusing to let me
> modify the kernel.

I have a very similar system and am running Linux.  I'm not sure about
you saying Linux isn't recognizing the CD so you can't modify the
kernel.  Can't see how the two are related?!  I do know there is a
problem with the 1.2.x kernels and the 755CD.  The ide CD-ROM driver
in 1.2.x has a known problem that causes it to lose blocks with some
CD-ROM drives (including the one in the 755CD)!  How are you trying
to load Linux (which release?)?  Maybe I can help you be sending you
a boot disk with a fixed CD-ROM driver.

> Cheers
>
> Alex Judd

| "Psst. Hey Guido. It's all so clear to me now. I'm the keeper of the   |
| cheese. And you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it. That's |
| why he's gonna kill us. So we gotta beat it. Yeah. Before he lets      |
| loose the marmosets on us! Don't worry, little missy! I'll save you!"  |
+------------------ Brad Pepers -- pepersb@cuug.ab.ca -------------------+