Re: MIDI on 750??

> From:          "John M. Bozeman" <jmb5b@faraday.clas.virginia.edu>
> Subject:       MIDI on 750??
> To:            tp750@cs.utk.edu
> Date:          Sat, 16 Dec 1995 05:10:20 -0500 (EST)

> Hey,
>
> I see ads saying that the IBM TP701 has MIDI capability.  Does
> the TP750?  How easy is it to set up?
>
>        Thanks,
>
>          John Bozeman
The software from IBM that allows the 750 to play MIDI are quite
lame. I'm amazed at what it CAN do, but I'm not amazed with how it
sounds, or the load on the system when in use.

I happen to have a Yamaha MIDI tone generator that connects to the
serial port, and doubles as a MIDI interface to other instruments.

Now if I could only get the MIDI stuff and Netscape Navigator to run
smoothly at the same time in my meager 4MB of RAM...

Chris