how to get disk caddies apart?

I'm having various problems trying to install Yggdrasil Plug & Play
Linux from CD-ROM and am thinking the easiest thing might be to just
mount my Thinkpad HD into a desktop machine using a 2.5" IDE adapter
and install that way.  But I need to get the drive out of the Thinkpad
caddy to do that.  It looks kind of difficult to get the caddy open
without messing up the little snaps etc., but I'm pretty sure it
can be done unless they've changed the design lately.  Anyone
with experience?  tia.