Re: How to rebuild stripped system (755cx)?

al sez:

"....it is complicated a bit by the fact that ibm has different diskette
policies for different countries/markets i believe....."

~~~~~
the policy ibm has expressed to me (usa) is that i have one of two chioces for
rebuilding the disk image if i failed to make the diskette factory backups
(which i did when i bought a 755cse).  the choices were:

1)  pay them $50 for a copy of dos, windows and mwave diskettes only.

2) pay ezserv $100 to take my thinkpad in, wipe out the hard drive & rebuild
the image as it came in the box.

i opted for #3, which is to go to my nearest dealer, buy another 755cse, build
the diskette factory backups, then return it the next day under their 30-day
no-questions-asked policy.  having been down this road once, i highly
reccommend it.  : )

Michael J. Verne
michael_verne@vmedia.com
Systems Analyst, Ventana Communications Group, Inc.
http://www.vmedia.com/michaelv/