hello again

I rejoined the list last night after getting a used 755cx about a week
ago (with no installation disks and no manuals).  It has had all the
original software removed and Windoze 95 (the AOL of operating
systems) installed.  I've ordered some manuals from IBM and plan to
install Linux as soon as I can figure out how to do this via PCMCIA
CD-rom or some other method (maybe NFS from my desktop machine, as
soon as I get *that* back in operation).  Meanwhile I'm amazed to see
no traffic on this list since yesterday--- I had dropped off a month
or two ago because there was so much noise on it.  I hate to disturb
its stillness this way, but hello again everyone.