Re: Megahertz XJACK 14.4 for sale

On Mon, 4 Dec 1995, Don Whiteside wrote:

> I've replaced my XJ1144 with a 28.8, and I'm happy enough with it to be
> confident about unloading the 14.4k, so I thought I'd offer it up here.
>
> It's got 1.5 years on it, which leaves 3.5 on the Megahertz warrantee
> service. I've got all the books and software (but not, I think, the box)
> which would go with it. The only thing differentiating it from the one
> you buy now is it's MNP5 instead of 10 and there's no flash bios. [I
> leave you to draw your own conclusions about the worth of a modem flash
> bios.]

Not to show up Don, but if for some reason you want the flash BIOS and
MNP10, I've got an XJ2144 for sale.  14.4, 4 years left on warranty, books,
software, box, original receipt all included.  Price, hmmm...  How about
$10 more than Don's, so $110 - I want to give him some room.  :)

And if you don't like the XJack, I've also got an AT&T Keep-in-Touch
14.4 fax/modem for sale.  Flash BIOS, it's own cellular thing (not sure
if it's MNP10 or what), 3.5 years left on warranty, books, software, box,
original receipt.  ~$75.

Don't ask how I ended up with two modems (three now if you include the
one in the TP701).
John H. Kim         The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one
jokim@mit.edu       that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I have
jokim@tuna.mit.edu  found it!) but "That's funny ..." -- Isaac Asimov