Re: 760cd impressions

Video out resolution is not too bad...slightly better than the 755cd. On
a TV, you can probably get around 200 lines of resolution -- slightly
worse than VHS. I haven't tried external 1024x768 video yet.

I run Win3.1 and OS/2, both of which were pre-loaded on the 760cd. OS/2
performance is way better than on the 755cd, but I'm still probably going
to uninstall it to make room on the HD. I plan to move to NT as soon as
there is more support for it from IBM; NT is the only OS I use at work.

One weird thing I've noticed is the sound of the 1.2 GB HD when it's
reading/writing. It sometimes sounds like loose coins bouncing around in
a washing machine. Very fast, however.

I definitely don't like these speakers. The 755cd's are much louder and
clearer. I don't much like this wrist rest either.

Michael MacDonald
macd@panix.com
mmacdon1@tinker.hofstra.edu