MWAVE modem under Linux

   |> If it has not been done already, I would like to write an MWAVE
   |> modem driver for Linux.  Where can I find a programmer's guide
   |> to the MWAVE modem, or is it so proprietary that I should just
   |> be happy with what I've got?

   I thought about this myself. But considering how much of the modem is
   software, it's likely to be difficult to take care if it all yourself.
   But I can tell you I'd sure be interested to be able to use it (and the
   other DSP devices) under Linux!

I read a message about this recently on one of the Linux newsgroups;
sorry I forget which one.  The upshot is that IBM considers the
information proprietary, but the poster is organizing a campaign to
get them to release it anyway.