Re: DIMM-RAM for the 755CX?

At 03:37 PM 11/27/95 +0100, you wrote:
>I need a 16MB RAM-upgrade (DIMM) for the TP755CX. IMB's RAM is quite expensive
>so I'd prefer to go for the cheaper version. Do you have good or bad
>experiences with particular brands? Anything I should be aware of?

Be sure you get the DIMM Adapter (IBM PC Direct Part# 84G2151,  $105.00 (US)
as of about 11/1/95).  To the best of my knowledge,  there are no "ThinkPad
Proven" DIMM vendors at this time.  We are ordering some memory upgrades for
our 755cx's and elected to go w/ IBM despite the price premium.  Our feeling
was the premium is worth the lack of any possible incompatibilities/problems
on such a sensitive part of our systems.

You might also want to look at the IC-DRAM memory modules as they can be
more easily found and do not require an adapter.  Downside is that should
you want to upgrade at a later time you have to replace the entire module.

Good luck

Joe Wilson
josephw@beta.inc.net
Milwaukee,  WI