Re: IBM Support- File posting NOT consistent!

In a message dated 95-11-21 12:57:24 EST, c2@iaco.com (Christopher
Cunningham) writes:

>I would like to suggest that IBM
>release software updates to its ftp/Web site with the same degree of
>timeliness that it releases software to the Compuserve support forum.
>Most recently, IBM has released Win95 MWAVE drivers on Compuserve but
>failed to put them on the ftp/Web site (it is also interesting to note
>that IBM also releases software updates to Compuserve before posting
>on its own dialup BBS).

AGREE!!

I also noticed that the files posted in the BBS are not the same as the
FTP/Web site.
For example, I recently downloaded the file 750_TIPS.TXT from the FTP site
and found the file very interesting and useful for fine tuning my 755C with
the latest updated drivers, etc. However it seems like the file has now
disappeared from the FTP site ( I thought that I had gone crazy since it was
there couple days ago) and it seems to remain in the BBS under section [37]
Thinkpad files. I don't know about Compuserve though.

I wish IBM can be consistent in their file postings!!! I'm afraid that I'm
missing some extremely useful files and information that are posted
elsewhere.

-Mark M. (Mark3M@aol.com)