Re: 760cd delays

On Sat, 18 Nov 1995, Michael MacDonald wrote:

> I hate IBM. Why do they market computers that are not acutally available?
> I ordered a 760cd from PC Direct two days after it went on sale. I was
> told at the time that I could expect delivery in 10 days. Since then, the
> delivery date has been pushed back twice, and is now December 11th. I
> expect it to be delayed until January when I check again next week.

They are now quoting late january for delivery. The company I work at has
ten on order, but just received two because they pushed REALLY hard, so
they could do testing and such. Nice machine, 95 load not available until
Jan. Upgrading win 3.1 to 95 was pretty ok, almost everything working now.

One thing is curious, turn it off and watch the battery go from 100% to 0%
in about 3-4 hours. Not sure why, these are some of the things they are
testing for.

BTW: just saw the latest bond flick and noticed an obvious ibm laptop
(among several ibm advertisements). Couldn't tell which one though.

mike (who can't wait to get his personal one :-)