760cd delays

I hate IBM. Why do they market computers that are not acutally available?
I ordered a 760cd from PC Direct two days after it went on sale. I was
told at the time that I could expect delivery in 10 days. Since then, the
delivery date has been pushed back twice, and is now December 11th. I
expect it to be delayed until January when I check again next week.

I went through this crap before when waiting for the 755cd; I ordered one
in November 1994 and received it in mid-April. All I know is that my
tolerance for IBM's lies and deceit is diminishing rapidly. Why can't
they be honest with their customers?

Michael MacDonald
macd@panix.com
mmacdon1@tinker.hofstra.edu