Re: "BlackMatrix" Screens outdoors

On Wed, 15 Nov 1995, Randal Whittle wrote:

> super outdoors, the so-called "BlackMatrix" screens are an *immense*
> improvement over the screen in my 750C, as far as outdoor viewing goes.
>
> 	In a direct comparison, both in direct sunlight and shaded outdoor
> light, the 750C was impossible to even *see* while the 701C was surprisingly
> readable.  I'm quite satisfied.  Now maybe I can actually go outside once

All the more surprising since as far as I know, the 701C *doesn't* use
a black matrix screen.  The 701 specs on IBM's web site don't mention
the word, although it's prominently included in the specs of all the
75x models which use it.
John H. Kim        "A common mistake that people make when trying to design
jokim@mit.edu       something completely foolproof is to underestimate the
jokim@tuna.mit.edu  ingenuity of complete fools." -- Douglas Adams