SCSI backup

On Tue, 31 Oct 95 17:03:48 PST, William Ng Wrote:

>I am buying a scsi adaptor for a cdrom. The scsi adaptor is
>an adaptec APA-1460 pcmcia scsi2 adaptor. Is it possible to
>use this adaptor with a scsi tape drive used on Sun workstations
>to do backup for OS/2 and Windows (FAT)? I am not talking about
>backing up over the network. I am thinking of unplugging a 8mm,
>2GByte capacity tape drive which is tied to a Sun workstation
>and then plug it into the pcmcia adaptor. If this is doable, what
>software should I get?

I have been using an IBM PCMCIA SCSI card in a 755CX with a HP1533A
SCSI 4-mm DDS2 drive for backup.  I have been using BakupWiz which
seems to work well under Warp (I use both FAT and HPFS partitions on
a 1.2 GB internal TP drive).  I have also used the same software and
tape drive with the Adaptech adapter and a 2.25 GB IBM SCSI HD (HPFS
only) in a Dock II.  Seems to work equally well.

Stuart

Stuart F. Biggar                    Phone:  (520) 621-8168
Remote Sensing Group                FAX:    (520) 621-8292
Optical Sciences Center
University of Arizona
1600 N. Country Club Rd, Ste 100
Tucson, AZ 85716-3160               Internet:  Stuart.Biggar@opt-sci.arizona.edu