MacLan Connect & Win '95

At 10:00 AM 10/28/95, Duane Spellecacy wrote:
>I'm still here.  We've been trying to get settled into our new home, so I
>haven't been following too closely but I'm still following along...
>Right now I only have the one system here at home running, so I don't have
>MacLan Connect going anywhere.  I'll get back to it though, as both my
>kids have Mac's and I'm the only person with a printer.
>There seems to be a lot of talk about running Win95 on the TP's, It works
>for me.  I have Win95 running on both of my desktop systems, home & work.
>I also have it on the TP I use at work. Its a

        Duane, if/when you get MacLan Connect back up (after you settle in
a bit), let me know if it works at all with Windows '95--I'm not about to
screw things up by switching to Win '95 until I know.  ;-)

        Also, I found life just a little less complicated by not using the
MacLan printer sharing anymore.  I just went ahead and bought an HP
JetDirect EX box and made my HP LJ 4 w/ PS Level 2 into a true network
printer.  Prints beautifully from both Win for Workgroups as well as the
Mac just as if it were native (of course, I'd have trouble printing from
DOS-only without a direct parallel port connection, but since I don't do
that anyway...).  Some of my weirder graphics items didn't like going
through the PC as a print server.

        I still find MacLan Connect a godsend for sharing files across
platforms.  Many thanks!

Randy Whittle    whittle@usc.edu               |       WWW Hope Page:     |
USC Graduate School of Business (Fight on 'SC!)|          http://         |
 "Did you really think you could call up the   | www-scf.usc.edu/~whittle/|
     Devil and ask him to behave?"             ----------------------------
       -Fox Mulder on T.V.'s "X-Files" speaking to an occult practitioner