Re: tp755cx in suspend mode

>Yes, I had a similar experience...  I
>couldn't get it running with the usual methods (pressing the
>function key, etc.) so I activated the power switch (I believe
>that's what you meant by "reset") and the machine turned on
>again.
>
>The amazing thing is that the machine did not reboot, but instead
>went right back to the place I had left off and no data was lost.
>I haven't been able to find this feature documented in the IBM
>manual or but hat's off to IBM.  It's a great feature!
>
>Bob Yellin  byellin@together.net

I bought my 750C used a few months back and have been testing battery
charging schemes such as draining the battery all of the way down to see if,
by cycling down a few times, I might be able to increase operating time.
Well, the only way to cycle all of the way down is to let the machine go
into the suspended mode.  What I found was that activating the power switch
*or* pressing the escape key after connecting to AC brought me right back to
my page.  After digging around under the floppy drive I found two batteries.
One, the standard cell that keeps configuration alive, and the other, which
is a nickle metal hydrate (or whatever) cell.  This must be the power source
that keeps your application in suspended state.

It is a nice safety feature as I often review my mail and other downloaded
stuff when I'm on the road or away from AC and if I start to spin the drive
frequently I do run through the battery pretty fast.

Regards,
Sean O'Toole
LFG, LLC
otooleco@pobox.com