Re: Win NT on a Thinkpad?

> >I disagree!  Win95 is a win 3.1 bug fix, and will last only as long as the
> >pentium processer.  I'm told that win95 will actually run slower on a P6
> >than it does on a pentium.  Warp, NT, MacOS and the unixes are the ony
> >systems which will be around in 5 years.

	Sounds to me like you're speaking in terms of Market share (as this is
what allows an OS to survive, since no OS is an island and requires apps
written for it to live).

	If that is the case, I can't help but question the Warp evaluation,
and for that matter maybe even the MacOS evaluation (though I think the MacOS
could make wonderful inroads if they simple wrote it to work on non-Motorola-
based platforms).

	Anything but a Unix flavor or a Windows-based ('95, NT, whatever)
derivative is in grave danger of being permanently assigned either a tiny
niche market or complete eradication 5 years from now.

Randy Whittle    whittle@usc.edu               |       WWW Hope Page:     |
USC Graduate School of Business (Fight on 'SC!)|          http://         |
 "Did you really think you could call up the   | www-scf.usc.edu/~whittle/|
     Devil and ask him to behave?"             ----------------------------
       -Fox Mulder on T.V.'s "X-Files" speaking to an occult practitioner