Re: Win NT on a Thinkpad?

On Tue, 24 Oct 1995, Alberto Enna wrote:

> Victor On Mon, 23 Oct 1995 10:39:32 +0100 wrote:
>
> >As a complete Warp convert, I
> >also recognise that NT has some significant advantages in regards to
> >network security.  This is just useless overhead for most of us, but for
> >some applications it's the best thing going.
>
> What you exactly mean?   What are these advantages?

We hashed over all this when this list first started.  NT has multi-user
capability, extra (extra extra) security, a supposedly more robust file
system, multitasks slightly better (can service interrupt immediately
instead of waiting for a timeslice to finish), etc.  How useful these are
on a laptop, or even for most users is questionable.

Alberto, I understand your loyalty to OS/2 - I used it since version 1.3;
but no product is better than the competition in all situations.  Let's
drop this silly My-OS-Is-Bigger-Than-Yours bickering.  Somebody answer
the original question the guy asked about NT on whatever model Thinkpad.
John H. Kim        "A common mistake that people make when trying to design
jokim@mit.edu       something completely foolproof is to underestimate the
jokim@tuna.mit.edu  ingenuity of complete fools." -- Douglas Adams