Re: Dock 2 description ?

Listening to the discussion on the add-on to the dock, let me renew a
question that I asked earlier, in a variation:

I would love to get the 2nd TP-disk connection, but I really do not want to
purchase a dock (what is it now? $800?  Yeah, IDEs are cheap, but getting the
dock is expensive; a SCSI PCMCIA adapter seems the better solution for most
external disk devices).

Now, is the cable to the add-on disk adapter coming out of some complicated
logic, or is it simply an extender to the port?  Can one get this add-on
adapter for a normal desktop, too, or is it exclusive to the dock?

Regards,  /ivo welch

PS: My earlier problem with kermit and the mwave adapter---it is kermit
specific.  Windows and DOS work with the standard comm programs, but
apparently kermit is trying to probe too low-level.