XFree86/FreeBSD on a 360

Hi. Well, thanks to the help of several people, FreeBSD is running
nicely on my 360C. Now for X.

First - the important question: - I am using PCVT and scanset=2
because of the unusual keyboard. When I try and start the X server,
it complains that it found the pcvt driver, but that it doesn't seem
to support X. I am using the VGA16 server. Any suggestions would be
welcome (is anyone running freebsd and X on a thinkpad - I hope this
is not an impossible combination!).

Second (assuming the first is worked out) - the VGA16 server claims to
do 4-bit color, but the 360C claims 8-bit VGA color. Am I stuck with
16 colors? No big deal, but 256 would be better.

Well - thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

Oh - one more bonus question (more appropriate for the freebsd group):
is support for the USR 28.8 PCMCIA modem in FreeBSD in the works?

Thanks - Murray
goldberg@cs.ubc.ca
Instructor - Senior Faculty Advisor
Dept. of Computer Science