xfree86 on 755cx

Hi,

I have been a lurker in this list for a while now. I finally
have my thinkpad and have a few questions.

I have a 755cx with the svga display, and a 810 Meg hard drive.
I plan to run linux on it. I know from previous discussions that
a couple of members on this list have had success with this,
especially with the troublesome X configguration. Can any of
the people who run Xfree86 on the cx send me their XFconfig file?
I would be very grateful. Any other hints about this would
be very much appreciated as well.

I will try to record my experience with loading linux on the cx
and post it to the mailing list.

Right now, I am using the pre-loaded Os2/warp software to run
slip. It is so incredibly slow! This seems to be half as fast
as my sparc 1 running at 9600 baud. (I am usin the uwave modem
on the thinkpad at 14.4k and ping reports average travel time
of nearly 500ms to my slip server!) Have others had similar
experiences with os/2 slip?

Many thanks, and hi to all,
--Sridhar