whether to change the list name/scope

> Also, is this list going to change its name?  IBM did have the
> opportunity to call this new laptop a ThinkPad 800, but didn't;
> so, perhaps we can think of the 760 as a 759.9 :).

For a long time now the list has been limited to machines that
were similar to the 750.  IBM's new laptops aren't all that
similar to the old 750s, and yet a lot of the same people
are interested in them (many of those who used to want the
top-of-the-line laptops still do... it's just that the top
has moved.)

A lot of people complain about the volume on this list.
One way to cut down on volume is to keep the topic of
discussion narrow.  This has some drawbacks too, because
a few topics are of interest to several groups.

Anyway, if you want to express an opinion about whether
or not to include 760s, 701s, etc. on this list, or to set
up a separate list for the new machines, etc., please
send it to me personally at moore@cs.utk.edu.  I'll post
a summary in a few days.

Keith