No Subject

00
From: Eugene Fiume <elf@dgp.toronto.edu>
To: tp750@cs.utk.edu
Subject: FaxWorks 3.0 and MWAVE 2.0
Date:   Fri, 29 Sep 1995 23:19:12 -0400

My MWAVE modem says I'm connecting at the full 28.8Kbaud (K=1000) using
my newly installed MWAVE 2.0 upgrade (on a 755CE with 16MB running DOS/Win3.1
for communication).  Nice and fast.  That's the good news.

The bad news is that FaxWorks doesn't work any more.  The MWAVE 2 docs
say something about changing the fax priority, which I did.  However,
upon starting up FaxWorks, and before the MWAVE discriminator would
normally have come up in MWAVE 1, I get the error:

        MCI Error
        There is an undetectable problem in loading the
        specified device driver.

This (as usual for Windows) requires me to then reboot the machine, since
all buttons then become inoperable.

Now, faxworks.ini in windows\system specifies the MWAVE modem, so I'm
a little confused about this error.

MIDI stuff appears to play just fine, and the modem works both in DOS and
in Windows.  Would that it worked under Linux so I could drop the others
for something I know.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Eugene Fiume.