No Subject

7/8.6.11) with ESMTP id AAA18728 for <tp750@cs.utk.edu>; Sat, 30 Sep 1995 00:36:07 -0500
(CDT)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 1995 00:37:17 -0500 (CDT)
From: Dave Clark <dce@execpc.com>
To: Thinkpad750 List <tp750@cs.utk.edu>
Subject: mw2 dos/win

I installed the mw2 dos/win drivers on my tp755ce, and ran into the
following problems...
Attempting to run Windows gives me a 'Call To Undefined Dynalink' error,
and kicks me out.  After playing around with it a bit, I noticed that I
could avoid this critical error simply by removing the 'C:\MWW\DLL'
portion of my path statement (which was added by the install).  Of
course, removing this also meant that I couldn't run any of the MWave
software without getting the 'unable to locate <whatever>.dll' errors.

I looked into the win.ini & system.ini files to see what was in the
'run=' and 'drivers=' sections, and played with those enough to determine
that both 'run=c:\mww\manager\mws.exe' and 'drivers=mmsystem.dll' were the
source of the 'dynalink' errors I was getting.  With 'C:\MWW\DLL' in my
path, they don't work, but without it, they do.  If anyone might have a
thought or suggestion on this, it would be greatly appreciated.  (I've
tried re-installing everything over, same result).

Also, it appears that activating my modem/sb emulation in DOS (using the
fastcfg) uses an additional 4 meg of extended memory.  Combining this
with a 2 meg smartdrv, I end up with only 9 of my 16 meg available with
nothing else loaded.  Is this normal?? (This is with the sound resume
feature off).

Any thoughts appreciated,
DC