Re: Zipdrive, PCMCIA SCSI

I have a 360C and just purchased a Zip drive.  I bought a SCSI drive with an
Adaptec slimSCSI PCMCIA card.  Two reasons - speed was an issue for me -
iomega states that it is '2-5' times as fast as the parallel.  I am using it
as another hard drive.  The second reason was I was in California only
briefly and needed something right away.  The only ones available at the
time (two weeks ago) were SCSI.  Downside - extra cable linkup (weight) and
$200 for PC Card.

Excellent unit though.  Iomega should downsize their AC adapter though - the
drive weighs 1 pund and their adapter weighs as much or more (so it seems).

David S. Crombie
dcrombie@canuck.com
102035.3354@compuserve.com