Re: Zipdrive, PCMCIA SCSI

Tim Johnson writes:
 > And for those people recommending SCSI,
 > do you have a PCMCIA SCSI adapter you can
 > recommend?  (I am a grad student, so I
 > can't pony up a premium price, I'm afraid.)
Unless you REALLY need the performance of a SCSI drive (for instance,
you have large datasets such as telescopes generate for us astronomers
and i.e. use disk-intensive reduction programs, or if you need to hook
your ZIPdrive up to, for instance, a workstation at work to load the data
for subsequent processing at home on your laptop), then you should save
your dollars and use the parallel port interface.

Clear skies,
Al
| Alwyn  Wootten   (http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~awootten/)	|
| Astronomer, National Radio Astronomy Observatory      |
| 520 Edgemont Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903-2475, USA|
| (804)-296-0329 voice  Let's build The Millimeter Array|
| (804)-296-0278 FAX           {>    {>    {>    {>     |