Re: Zipdrive, PCMCIA SCSI

I have a 360C also, and am very happy with the Parallel flavor of the
Zip.  Faster is always better, of course, but the ability to hook up the
drive to most any PC with the parallel cable is extremely useful.

As a matter of fact, I just purchased my second parallel Zip, for general
use in the office.  CompUSA mispriced them as a 10 pack of disks and I
got it for $ 170 vs the $ 219 they usually charge.  Snarf, Snarf!

The power adapter is indeed way too heavy.  Iomega offers a more compact
variety for $40.

Jim Biggerstaff          jimb@infi.net      Norfolk, Virginia, USA
These profound insights  are NOT freeware.  If found useful, please send
money within 30 days.
On Wed, 20 Sep 1995, David S. Crombie wrote:

> I have a 360C and just purchased a Zip drive.  I bought a SCSI drive with an
> Adaptec slimSCSI PCMCIA card.  Two reasons - speed was an iss for me -
> iomega states that it is '2-5' times as fast as the parallel.
[froomp]