Re: Win95 or OS/2?

At 01:03 PM 9/3/95 -0400, Arturo J. Morales wrote:
>I know that this is probably a stupid question, but can you run Win95 apps
>under OS/2?  On the same token, can you run NT apps under Win95?  How about NT
>apps under OS/2???

Most of the NT apps I've tried run in win95, some don't.

>Does Win95 run happily with 8megs?

Depends on what you mean by happy :)  I don't think so, but I don't think
windows 3.1 or os/2 run happily in 8 megs either..  I don't think it runs
much different from win31 on a speed/ram plot.

Are you not running X?  Seems like 8megs would bog under X, but I know linux
command line runs great even in 4..

>Can i get a floppy distribution of Win95?

Sure, but if there's any way you can avoid it, do it!  If you have the disk
space, the nicest way is to get the cd, then get the files onto your 'pad
anyway you can, tape, serial link, modem link (run overnight?) etc..

Then you can install from the harddrive, and you don't have to floppy swap
20 floppies (maybe it's just me, but I *hate* that.)  This also lets you
easily install/remove components for a while, when you're all set you can
just delete the install files.

As for whether you want to use win95 or os/2, that's a religeous issue..  I
think your best bet is to try them both, they have their strengths and
weaknesses.

If you don't want to hassle with trying them both, I'd suggest finding
someone that can show them both to you at least.

Good luck!
jesse montrose <jesse@spine.com> http://www.hooked.net/bin/jesse.home
After seven years, I was sent home to my family.  Little man, I give
the watch to you.