Re: Great Price on 810mb HD...

Be careful about "10 day waits"; they have a habit of turning
into "10 week waits" or "10 month waits".  Whenever I'm skeptical
of someone's claims to have something in stock I always ask
for federal express overnight shipment.  That usually makes
them figure out that the item is not in stock after all, if it's not.

I saw Compu-D (I think) advertising 810 meg drives for somewhat
under $537, but I don't know if those were 12.5mm.  I saw Sager
advertising 1.3 gig drives (undoubtedly 19mm) for $699 but
this probably required buying a Sager computer.

Is installing a 19mm-high drive in a Thinkpad totally hopeless
even if one is willing to hack up the plastic caddy?