Re: Great Price on 810mb HD...

On Fri, 1 Sep 1995, Paul Rubin wrote:

> Is installing a 19mm-high drive in a Thinkpad totally hopeless
> even if one is willing to hack up the plastic caddy?

When I measured the case in my TP750 many months ago (waaaaay back when
340MB hard drive + caddy cost ~$800 :), the caddy itself is 19mm, the
drive is 17mm.  If you think you can live without the caddy and just want
to use the connector and bare drive, it should fit.  Concerns about
contaminating the drive with dust/liquid and difficulty removing the
connector led me to just buy a 17mm IBM drive at the time.
John H. Kim        "A common mistake that people make when trying to design
jokim@mit.edu       something completely foolproof is to underestimate the
jokim@tuna.mit.edu  ingenuity of complete fools." -- Douglas Adams