HD and TP hassles..

hi,

Recently I repartitioned by 340Mb HD on a TP360 using Linux and forgot
to make it startable on any partition. Anyways I rebooted the machine
before I could recover ):

Now, I thought that should be fine if I just popped in a floppy boot
disk and "fdisk /mbr" it. The TP started up did a self-check - mem, floppy
and HD - beeped again (normal so far) and proceeded to boot as specified
by the BIOS (ie. the HD then the floppy).

It tried to read from HD but nothing and then proceeded to read the
floppy.. stil nothing! Surprisingly no startup password check as well!

Did a BIOS system test, all's fine and no record of failure from the
HD, system board and floppy - before the BIOS setup screen I was prompted
for a startup password which was normal. So I checked it with another TP
and isolated the problem to the HD!

I guess I must have hosed the MBR and partition tables, but it shouldn't
hang the whole system disallowing me to boot from floppy (floppy read
light on but nothing happens). Any ideas on recovering the HD?
Cheers.

  kevin cheong  mlp program  iss nus