Re: 755 and Win95 and APM

> There seems to be a common thread with Windows95 and the
> power management for the 755's

> I've read several other people seem to have somewhat the same problem
> with resume...etc.

Actually, I think the lowest common denominator is the ThinkPad itself.
These same problems exist or have existed for those running Windows 3.1
and OS/2 as well.  IBM has managed to fix some of these problems through
various BIOS updates, but problems remain and I have my doubts as to IBM's
willingness to do the right thing.

> I've contacted IBM but they say it's Micorsoft's problem.

Typical.  You can also expect Microsoft to respond in kind and point
the finger right back at IBM.

I fought this same APM/Thinkpad battle with the OS/2 people a few months
back.  In the end (so to speak), I was told that a system board
replacement would be necessary.

I'll leave it to you to draw your own conclusions, but this doesn't
sound like a software problem to me...

Good luck,

--
Karl E. Yeanoplos