Re: Display on CD, CE, CX

"Of course the other unthinkable possibility is that TFTs vary so much
in quality that you can't be sure if you'll get a bright or dim one."

Well to summarize this thread, someone claimed that the TP screen was
significantly dimmer than a PB screen. I contested this. Later the
original poster noted that he had been comparing the screen in economy
battery mode with the PB, and yes of course the TP is then not as
bright, no question, but also no surprise, and also easily changable if
that is what you want.

So I think we have no great mystery here. In full power mode, machines
are comparably bright, with TP in dim mode, it is dimmer :-)