Re: Display on CD, CE, CX

On Tue, 29 Aug 1995, Robert Dewar wrote:

> Read what I said, I compared brightness, nowhere does IBM say or hint
> that the new screens are brighter, and they are not. Actually if anything
> glare reduction can diminsh brightness, although I do not see that.

Yeah, sorry, I noticed that right after I sent it.  What may be happening
is that people are comparing the screens under different lighting.
Sometimes the anti-glare makes the TP look brighter, sometimes they're
the same or the Powerbook is brighter (they *are* advertised as backlit).

Of course the other unthinkable possibility is that TFTs vary so much
in quality that you can't be sure if you'll get a bright or dim one.
John H. Kim        "A common mistake that people make when trying to design
jokim@mit.edu       something completely foolproof is to underestimate the
jokim@tuna.mit.edu  ingenuity of complete fools." -- Douglas Adams