Re: Display on CD, CE, CX

On Tue, 29 Aug 1995, Mark Bell wrote:

> I own a 755C and a PowerBook 540C. While the PB screen is smaller (9.5 vs.
> 10.4), it *is* considerably brighter. I owned the 755C before the 540C, and

Before this gets completely out of hand, IBM changed the TFT between
the 755C and 755CD/CE.  That's why if you look at the subject heading,
I specifically asked about the CD/CE/CX.  The old TFT could only do
8-bit color, the new one can do 16-bit color and has some sort of
glare filter to improve contrast.

So if you're comparing, make sure to mention which model Thinkpad you're
using.
John H. Kim        "A common mistake that people make when trying to design
jokim@mit.edu       something completely foolproof is to underestimate the
jokim@tuna.mit.edu  ingenuity of complete fools." -- Douglas Adams