Re: What are these files?

>On Mon, 28 Aug 1995, David Hite wrote:
>
>> I have two files that I can't erase from my 755CX. One is called
>> "ea data. sf" and the other is called "wp root. sf". Yes, there are
>> spaces in the names. Are these OS2 files? I tried to erase OS2 from
>
>Can't help you on id'ing these but:

These files include OS/2 extended attributes (such as long file names) on
FAT drives.  It's a bit of a kluge fix for an archaic file system.  I
understand that Win 95 uses a similar, though less capable, system.  With
this in mind, it is understandable why they make these files difficult to
delete.  These files don't exist on NTFS or HPFS drives, as extended
attributes are included in the individual files.

Victor Kress
Geophysical Laboratory
5251 Broad Branch Road N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20015-1305