Re: Getting sound on a 755CX under os/2 warp

More info on the Linux/755CD front.  I have now verified that the
Soundblaster emulation also works if you boot into DOS first, load
the drivers (mwgames on cd), and then boot Linux using loadlin.  I
was trying to use doom to test the sound but its sound server only
supports 16bit and the Sound Blaster is 8 bit.  I later found some
other samples and played them fine!

So this is now the CDROM audio and Sound Blaster that work!  Now I
guess I'll check if the modem works too!  I'm very happy that this
is working and hope someone will but this info on one of the WWW
Thinkpad sites.  I think it makes the 755 Thinkpad models excellent
Linux machines.

| "Psst. Hey Guido. It's all so clear to me now. I'm the keeper of the   |
| cheese. And you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it. That's |
| why he's gonna kill us. So we gotta beat it. Yeah. Before he lets      |
| loose the marmosets on us! Don't worry, little missy! I'll save you!"  |
+------------------ Brad Pepers -- pepersb@cuug.ab.ca -------------------+