Re: Getting sound on a 755CX under os/2 warp

Ivar,

You mentioned again that you apparently have gotten X to work in
800x600 under Linux on your 755CX:

| After the struggle I had getting X to work in 800x600 under linux...

I asked, on 25 August, in reply to an earlier posting of yours in
which you made a simlilar statement, how you did this.  As I have
not heard any reply, I'll risk asking again, in case the message
was lost.

How did you do this?  I have not been able to get it to work.  I
am using the XFree86 V3.1.2 SVGA driver, with the settings and
other suggestions posted to this mailing list by David Fox in his
"mini-HOWTO" 23 August.  Though I have no problem getting the
higher resolution using an external monitor, with the LCD I still
get the same result I mentioned in my earlier posting:

| The effect I get (still) is a display in which the upper 2/3 consists
| of alternate horizontal lines of white and black, about 1 pixel thick,
| and the lower third of the screen is black, with a narrow white vertical
| bar about 1/4" wide.

Any help will be most appreciated.

--Ted Baker